It is our goal to make concerts and events accessible to our patrons, guests and employees.
Our primary venue is FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place). This venue and The Studio are operated by Core Entertainment. Full information regarding accessibility in these venues can be found at https://www.coreentertainment.ca/about-us/accessible-needs.
Entrance: The main entrance of FirstOntario Concert Hall on Summers Lane is fully accessible. The Studio can also be accessed through the main entrance on Summers Lane.
Elevators: FirstOntario Concert Hall is equipped with elevators that can access all levels of seating. The Studio does not require elevators to access.
If you have other questions related to accessibility at FirstOntario Concert Hall, our administrative office, or another venue where we are performing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905-526-7756.
Wheelchair-accessible seating is available on the FirstOntario Concert Hall mezzanine. Certain seats in the hall are accessible by few or no stairs.
DARTS Transit: If using the services of DARTS Transit, our staff may be able to provide concert end times to assist you in scheduling pickup times post-concert. Please contact our Patron Services Manager Heather Hollis at email@example.com or call 905-526-7756.
Hearing Assist: Hearing Assist Devices are available free of charge at coat check at FirstOntario Concert Hall.
Wheelchair Escort: If you require a wheelchair escort or further assistance, please speak to a member of the Event Staff upon your arrival at FirstOntario Concert Hall.
Visitors with vision impairment: Should any type of vision loss restrict you from reading signs, locating landmarks, or seeing hazards, please speak to a member of the Event Staff upon your arrival at FirstOntario Concert Hall. We would be happy to assist you upon your request.
Service Animals: All service animals are welcome at FirstOntario Concert Hall with proper documentation. Please contact our Patron Services Manager Heather Hollis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-526-7756 if an aisle seat is required for your service animal.
Support persons: Any person hired or chosen to accompany you to provide you with essential services is welcome. The support person who accompanies a patron with special needs is eligible for a discount of up to 50% off the regular ticket price. Please contact our Patron Services Manager Heather Hollis at email@example.com or call 905-526-7756 in advance to arrange seating.
The HPO is also committed to ensuring that our website and content conform to the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
We strongly urge users to keep their browsers up to date in order to take advantage of new and updated assistive technologies.
In alignment with the WCAG 2.0 Guidelines, the HPO aims to ensure that its website meets certain criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Ability to provide text alternatives for any non-text content
- Text equivalents to video and audio multimedia
- Use of ALT tags and title tags have content that can be presented in different ways without losing information or structure
- Make it easier for users to hear and see content, including separating foreground from background colours
- A high level of keyboard navigation support (the ability to use the Tab key instead of a mouse)
- Multiple ways to navigate and find content, and determine where they are (Search, quick links, and navigation)
- Users have enough time to read and complete tasks
- Text content is readable and understandable
- Web pages appear and operate in predictable ways
- Input assistance to help users avoid and correct mistakes
- High compatibility with current and future user agents, including assistive technologies
- Markup language is used to facilitate accessibility
Due to conditions beyond our control, there are some instances where we are unable to provide information and online services in an accessible format. These include email sign-up, site registration, ticket purchase, and subscription purchase pages that use non-compliant third-party software.
In addition, a number of PDFs, audio clips, and videos do not meet AODA standards. In these cases, future updates should be in proper compliance.
If you have any difficulties accessing aspects of the site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.