Gemma New and the orchestra collaborate with multi-media artist Amy McIntosh for a vivid evening of contemporary music at The Cotton Factory. We hear Gabriel Dharmoo’s sonic memories of India in Moondraal Moondru and the haunting meditation of the forests with Christopher Thornborrow’s Ghosts of Trees. Bekah Simms reflects on climate change in Remnant Shoreline. The ghost stories of China are the influence of Alexina Louie’s Demon Gate, creating a dark and stormy atmosphere.
Include this concert in your 22-23 Subscription package, on sale now! Single tickets for this event are on sale August 22.
- HPO 22-23 Composer Fellow: New Work
- Gabriel Dharmoo: Moondraal Moondru
- Christopher Thornborrow: Ghosts of Trees
- Bekah Simms: Remnant Shoreline
- Alexina Louie: Demon Gate